I recently watched a quick clip of a social media expert telling people to watch for what the tiles look like on their Instagram feed.
I say, empty out the contents of you, yourself, your soul and focus on allowing others to feed on that.
Give of your vitality, in other words, your brand of vivaciousness. We’ve heard it all before, but it can’t be said or heard enough ~ give v a l u e.
And guess where that comes from?
Deep inside where tiles on Instagram are only a tiny piece of the large and hopefully very meaningful puzzle…
To inspire visually is just one piece of the inspire, empower, entertain and educate square, but if you don’t go heavy specifically on the inspire, empower and educate pieces, it may all fall to pieces (ok, that’s dramatic, of course, but it might feel that way to you). This is how some of my clients felt before they started sharing, expressing, branding and marketing in greater alignment with their values and why behind their business…
If you give yourself permission to channel your inner Creative Heroine who knows that honesty, heart and a Herculean-sized bravery is needed to create a business that feels like a true extension of your life, the rest truly takes care of itself.
If you speak from the heart and keep showing up with all you know and feel, always focusing on them vs. you (what do they need to hear? how do they want to experience their transformation? why is it so important to them?) from a place of both experience AND love, you will be taken care of.
You end up creating a business with soul.
A brand with a true message.
Your brand and this movement is created, day in and day out, when you allow yourself to tap into courage to be all of you
as you focus on them
— in that light, say what it is that you really want to say…tell the stories you want to tell…give generously without worrying about if it’s too much or not…
In a business-turned-movement like this too much doesn’t exist. You’re never too much, your stories are never too much and your multi-passionate or multi-dimensional ways are never too much…you are and IT is all just enough…
In short, generosity and depth beyond the looks of your IG tiles is what looks most gorgeous on you…
Join us for the May 17th 11am – 1pm Pacific Your Brand Lab: Working with Inspiration, Education, Entertainment & THE REAL YOU where we will discuss this in more active detail.
REGISTER for your fancy and footloose free training here: www.michelleghilotti.com/brandlabtraining.
We will be covering authentic branding from the perspective of:
• Purpose — how do you tap into your one main business-turned-movement purpose…
• Moving from Problem to Solution…
• Your Top Stories…how to keep telling more and more of them (stories are your marketing).
• Getting Over the Hump: how to get over the hump of sharing your most vulnerable stories (I can feel you know it’s time to go there).
• The Top Four Brand Elements (even though I was an ad girl prior to starting MGI and connected with what was needed to advertise/market/brand and truly connect, I wish I would have known these when I first started out in 2011)
• What Truly Connects in An Authentic Brand Story
• The Six Keys to a Great, Authentic Brand
• What Blueprints Don’t Tell You About What Works, Sells and Engages in Your Branding & Marketing
• Internal Brand vs. External Brand and How They Are Connected (blurring the lines between business and life)
• And more, such as this ~> one lucky Creative Heroine will WIN the Brand to Success program which will help you, step-by-step, create and launch the most important offline and online elements of your brand…
See you there, Creative Heroine!
Until we connect again, enjoy your business, enjoy your life…
Couture Brand Creator & Success Coach
p.s. Spend time with us Wednesday, May 17th from 11am-1pm Pacific and continue on your path of creating a real, honest and purposefully profitable business with a radiant, engaging brand to match: www.michelleghilotti.com/brandlabtraining. Note: be on the lookout for the workbook we will send you a day or two before the training!
I found this share from almost three years ago and had to send it to you again. I trust that it finds or meets you where you need to be found/met…
Someone asked me the other day what this last year felt like having turned 40. Hasn’t it been amazing? 40 is GREAT.
My answer: Yes! I feel like I’ve dropped into me.
Truthfully, though I’ve felt this “dropping into me” every year in life, I’d say that the last 4-5 years I’ve experienced the biggest quantum leap in celebrating this comfort in my own skin. You too?
Which leads me to this and it’s something I’ve shared with you before ~ our greatest authentic brand and your greatest happiness depends on you more fully “dropping” into you.
It depends on:
Expressing more of who you really are…
Doing this includes a level of transparency that leads to trust…
It includes a big dose of true human to –> human (not business woman to –> human) connection that leads to long-lasting relationships and the growth of our business…
It includes an extra serving of detachment (non-attachment for us yogis) from what others, especially those that don’t fall within our ideal client or friend sphere, think.
Becoming even more you is what creating a great, authentic brand is all about and it’s what being in alignment is about.
Your leadership, greatest brand and greatest happiness depends on how aligned your thoughts, words and actions are.
And it’s what your business and bliss depend on. Being the kind of leader who shows up as 150% herself every time, whether it’s via her newsletters, how she speaks and holds herself at a dinner party or in a VIP day with a client.
Sure there’s a level of elegance and professionalism that allows clients to feel supported, organized and well taken care of, too, however, we need not be a different person in our business than we are in our personal life. (For years after leaving the corporate advertising world and starting my business 14 years ago, I used “is this professional?” as my communication filter and boy was I wrong. I couldn’t find myself anywhere within my brand or expression).
Enter the wisdom that comes with time and asking the right questions: I now know that the filter to use is definitely “Is this in alignment with my mission, values, message and with what I say I most desire in my life?”
How would your brand communication change if you used this filter too?
How to drop into you (3 tips):
3. Understand that you will not appeal to everyone; you will polarize (please be polarizing). Not everyone is meant to be your client or best friend, for that matter. With this understanding and acceptance that some will be repelled by what you have to say and how you say it, you can more easily shout what your movement and message is all about from the mountain tops. As the kids say, YOLO.
2. Get still. What makes you truly happy? Keep listening, go on that daily hike, buy the guided meditation app (and actually use it)…find more time to just BE vs. DO. Being driven and action-oriented is valuable as entrepreneurs and so is taking time to sit by the lake, river or ocean pondering what it is that we really want and who it is that we really want to be and gift this world…
1. Write your most transparently elegant Facebook or blog post yet (that delivers true value to your community AND that really shares more of who you really are!) and, after spell-checking, without further delay, push send! Many times dropping into more of who we are takes some cold turkey’ing it. So, what do you really believe and truly value? What have you wanted to say or share but haven’t for fear of what others might think or say?
No one is watching you or judging you as much as you think they are, I promise. They’re too busy thinking about what to say or not to say in their next Facebook or blog post.
Enjoy your business, enjoy you life Creative Heroine!
Have a beautiful dropping into YOU rest of the week.
Life is good,
Couture Brand Creator & Success Coach
p.s. Save the Date on May 17th for MGI’s a free Authentic Brand Training (and clarity around how to express your thought leadership) coming up on May 17th 11am – 1pm just for you, the MGI Creative Heroine community. Plan to show up LIVE and potentially win a digital copy and workbooks from Brand to Success, my signature how-to branding program that shows you how to create and launch your most powerful personal brand yet…more info and the call-in number to come, so keep your eyes peeled. xo
I’m so busy
You’ll rarely ever hear me utter those words because I believe that everything I do is what I get to do, not what I have to do. This means even picking up after my pup, Holland.
Instead, I feel and say that I have a full life. That’s what feels more true for me.
Life is good, it’s a beautiful and full life…
The words we choose carry with them an energetic weight. They can either bring us down or help us feel up…light and UP for it all/UP for whatever amazing thing is coming our way (psst, there’s always something out for delivery)…
Do you want to be busy or would you like to have a purposeful, full life?
Say what it is that you actually want and more of it will find its way to you.
It’s a welcome shift…
Enjoy your business, enjoy your life!
p.s. Save the Date for MGI’s free Authentic Brand Training (and clarity around how to express your thought leadership) coming up on May 17th 11am – 1pm just for the MGI Creative Heroine community, xo. Show up LIVE and potentially win a digital copy and workbooks from Brand to Success, my signature how-to branding program that shows you how to create and launch your most powerful personal brand yet…